Welcome to the Alma websites, which are owned and operated by Alma Retreats FZE, registered in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Websites” and “Alma” respectively).
This Agreement is in effect as of February 9, 2017.
The Websites may include some or all of the following: (a) a platform for the purchase and use of digital content, which allows end-users to purchase a subscription and stream pre-recorded audio and video content over the Internet for personal use, (b) an e-commerce platform, which allows users to purchase products and services from the Alma online store, and (c) one or more websites where other online content (including content provided by Alma, Website users and third parties), resources, tools, products, services, communications and social networking features may be accessed and used. All of the foregoing are collectively referred to as the “Services”.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Agreement to Be Bound. The Services are offered to you on the condition that you accept and agree to be bound by this Agreement in its entirety without modification of any kind. By accessing and/or using any of our Websites, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a "Visitor" (which means that you simply browse one or more of our Websites) or you are a "Registered User" (which means that you have registered to use the Websites and have subscribed to use one or more of the Services). If you do not accept the terms of this Agreement, you are not permitted to use the Websites and/or subscribe to the Services, and you are obliged to exit all of the Websites and discontinue any and all use of the Websites and the Services immediately.
3. Modifications. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to monitor the Websites periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by any future modifications of this Agreement, your exclusive remedy is to cancel your account and discontinue your use of the Websites and the Services. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, any new features, tools, products and/or services that change, augment, enhance or upgrade the current Websites and/or the Services will be subject to this Agreement.
4. General Registration Requirements. Visitors are currently permitted to view only limited portions of the Websites prior to deciding whether to become a Registered User. Full access to the Websites and the Services is available only to Registered Users and, if a subscription is required, then only to Registered Users who are also paid subscribers. If you wish to become a Registered User, you must register on our Websites, you must complete the registration procedures displayed on the registration page(s) of the Websites and, where applicable, pay the required subscription fee. Some aspects of the Websites and the Services are available to all Registered Users, and some are available only to Registered Users who have paid the required subscription fee and/or other charges, all of which are posted at the Websites.
5. Age Requirements for Access and Use of the Websites. By accessing and using the Websites, you acknowledge and agree that you are representing to us that you are over the age of 18 and you are of legal age to form a legally binding contract, and you are not a person barred from purchasing or receiving products and services, under the laws of the United Arab Emirates or other applicable jurisdiction. Registration, subscription, access to and use of the Websites and the Services are not available to users under the age of 18 and are void where prohibited by applicable law.
6. Requirements for Becoming a Registered User. By completing the registration procedures displayed on the registration page(s) of the Websites, you acknowledge and agree that (a) you are representing to us that you are providing true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form available on our Websites (the "Registration Data" ), and (b) you are obliged to maintain and promptly update your Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future access to and/or use of the Websites and the Services (or any portion thereof).
8. Member Account, Password and Security. As a Registered User, you are required to choose a password, provide your date of birth, and provide your email address, and you may be asked for additional information regarding your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of the password and all other account information, and you are fully responsible and liable for all access to and use of the Websites and the Services that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session. Alma will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
10. Security Components. You acknowledge and agree that the Websites and the Services, and the software embodied within the Websites and the Services, may include security components that permit digital materials to be accessed, used, and protected, and that use of these security components is subject to usage rules set by Alma and/or content providers who provide content to Alma. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any such security components and usage rules embedded in the Websites and the Services.
11a. Subscription Fees.Access to and use of some of the Services is subject to a subscription fee ( "Fee"). The Fee is payable in U.A.E. dirhams. You will be required to provide your credit or debit card number and other information at the time of your initial registration or purchase of such Services. All the information regarding your card and payment details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection. Your credit or debit card will automatically be charged at the time of your subscription or the end of your free trial, and regularly thereafter based on the terms of your subscription, and you hereby authorize Alma to charge your credit or debit card for the then-applicable subscription fee. The Fee is non-refundable except as provided in Section 24 below (“Term and Termination”). Alma reserves the right to change or modify the Fee or payment schedule (including, without limitation, increasing prices and charging a fee for upgrades) at any time. Alma will use its reasonable best efforts to provide you with reasonable notice prior to making any fee changes or modifications.
If Alma is for any reason unable to effect automatic payment via your credit or debit card, Alma will attempt to notify you via email and your account will be disabled until payment is received. You are responsible for notifying Alma of any changes to your credit or debit card information and to update your information if your credit or debit card has expired. Alma may suspend, terminate and/or otherwise interrupt your access to the Services if you fail to so notify Alma.
11b. E-Commerce Purchases.When purchasing and paying products in the Alma online store, you may be required to provide your credit or debit card number and other information at the checkout stage. All the information regarding your card and payment details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection. Multiple shipments/deliveries may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
We will not deal or deliver any products to OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctioned countries in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
We want you to be 100% happy with the items through our online store. In the event you are not fully satisfied with your item, please contact us at email@example.com immediately to discuss your concerns. We will take all necessary measures to address your concerns and rectify any issues under our control and responsibility.
Exchanges and refunds without you being responsible for the return shipping costs will only be accepted for damaged or wrong items. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your exchange or refund. If you are approved, then your exchange or refund will be processed, and a credit will be applied to your original method of payment.
If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we will not be able to offer you an exchange or refund. Several types of goods are exempt from being returned, exchanged and refunded, such as food, intimate or sanitary goods, some health and personal care items, gift cards, items not in its original condition, damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error, and sale or discounted items.
11c. Taxes and Overdue Balances. All Fees and Prices are exclusive of all excise, sales, use, transfer and other current or future taxes and duties imposed with respect to the Services by any federal, state, municipal or other governmental authority, all of which taxes you are required to pay except for taxes based on Alma’s net income. You are responsible for obtaining and providing to Alma any certificate of exemption or similar document required to exempt any transaction from sales, use or similar tax liability.
You agree to pay your account balance on time. You are responsible and liable for any costs and expenses, including attorney and collection fees, that Alma may incur in its efforts to collect any remaining balances due from you. This paragraph will in no way limit any other remedies available to Alma. You are required to notify us of any billing problems or discrepancies within sixty (60) days after they first appear on your credit or debit card account statement by sending a written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not so notify us within the time allowed, you waive any right to dispute such problems or discrepancies.
12a. Content. The content available at the Websites and the Services generally consists of (a) content owned by Alma, including but not limited to the trademarks, trade dress and “look and feel” of the Websites and content created and/or acquired and owned by Alma ( “Alma Content”), and (b) content owned by third parties and licensed to Alma for specified uses on the Websites and the Services ( “Third-Party Content”). All of the foregoing are collectively referred to as “Site Content”.
12b. Geographic Limitations. Due to certain licensing restrictions placed on our titles, some content may not be available in your geographic location, and therefore, cannot be viewed. If at any time you feel this inhibits your experience upon purchasing an Alma subscription, please contact our customer service department and we will work with you in order to remedy the situation. You can reach customer service by email at email@example.com. We will not deal or provide any services or products to OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctioned countries in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates.13. Prohibited Conduct. The Websites and the Services may include features that permit you to post content, which includes and applies to (but is not limited to) comments and ratings on Site Content, and communications with other Registered Users. Such content includes but is not limited to information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use the Websites and/or the Service to post or other transmit content that:
14. Responsibility for User Content. You, and not Alma, are entirely responsible for all user content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Websites and/or the Services. Alma does not control the user content posted via the Websites and/or the Services and, as such, we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such user content. You acknowledge and agree that, by using the Websites and the Services, you may be exposed to user content that you deem offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Alma be liable in any way for any user content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any user content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any user content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Websites and/or the Services.
15. Rejection and/or Removal of User Content. You acknowledge and agree that Alma may or may not pre-screen user content posted on our Websites, but that Alma shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, edit, refuse, and/or remove any user content or portion thereof that is available via the Websites and/or the Services, in its sole and absolute discretion, for any reason, including but not limited to its determination that any such user content is not appropriate for the Websites and/or the Services, or for no reason. Without limiting the foregoing, and by way of example only, Alma shall have the absolute right to remove from the Websites and/or the Services any user content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable in the sole discretion of Alma, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Websites and/or the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. If you become aware of misuse of the Websites and/or the Services by any person, please contact Alma by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Limited License. Alma hereby grants to Registered Users a limited, personal, revocable, non-sublicensable license to display a single copy of the Alma Content and the Third-Party Content located on or available through our Websites or Service (excluding any software code therein) solely for your single, personal, non-transferable and non-commercial use in connection with viewing our Websites and using the Services during the term of your registration. All such use is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and may be terminated by Alma as set forth in this Agreement. Except for user content posted by you, you may not copy, store, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, make available, or sell any Site Content for any purpose whatsoever.
17. Examples of Limitations on Use. Any non-commercial reuse of any portion of the Site Content by a Registered User that falls within what is allowed in generally accepted trademark law is permitted. In addition to the limitations set forth in Section 16 above (“Limited License”), and by way of example only, no commercial storage, use, reproduction or transmission of any Site Content is permitted under any circumstances. The Websites and the Services may not be used in connection for any commercial purposes except as specifically approved in writing and in advance by an authorized representative of Alma. Unauthorized framing of or linking to any of our Websites is prohibited. Commercial advertisements and other commercial content, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed by Alma from the Websites and the Services without notice and may result in termination of registration and subscription and denial of access to and use of the Websites and the Services.
18. Health and Medical Concerns. Some of the Site Content includes information and instruction relating to exercise and fitness, and some of the products and services available through the Websites and the Services relate to exercise and fitness. You acknowledge and agree that the following warnings and disclaimers shall apply to all such information, instruction, products and services.
Before participating in any exercise program or using any fitness products or services that may be described and/or made accessible in or through the Website and/or the Services, we strongly recommend that you consult with a physician or other healthcare provider. Alma, its staff and the content-providers are not licensed medical care providers, are not rendering personal medical advice or treatment, and have no expertise in advising on, diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
The Websites and the Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You acknowledge and agree that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, and/or when using any fitness products or services, there is the possibility of physical injury and/or death, and you assume the risk and responsibility for any such results.
You should never disregard medical advice or delay seeking it because of a statement you have read on the Websites and/or the Services. The Websites and the Services should not be used in lieu of advice given by qualified medical professionals such as your doctor or registered dietitian. It is important that the Websites and the Services are used only in conjunction with qualified medical guidance. If you know or suspect that you may be pregnant, have an eating disorder, have diabetes, or have any other physical or medical condition, it is imperative that you seek the advice of your doctor prior to using the Websites and/or the Services.
You must always consult your doctor before beginning an exercise or dietary program. Keep the following checklist in mind when developing your program in conjunction with your health care provider, but also bear in mind that the checklist is not exhaustive and does not take the place of a consultation with your healthcare provider.
If you experience any discomfort or pain during an exercise routine you must immediately cease the activity and seek the assistance of a physician.
19. Reservation of Rights. Alma Content and Third-Party Content are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. Alma and its third-party licensors owns and retains their respective rights, title and interest in and to their respective content subject only to the limited licensed granted to Registered Users as set forth above.
21. International Use. Due to the global nature of the Internet, you acknowledge and agree that you are obliged to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding the access to and use of the Websites and the Services. By way of example only, you acknowledge and agree that you are obliged to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Arab Emirates or the country in which you reside, and that restrictions on access to and/or use of some Site Content may apply to users based on their place of domicile, residence and/or use.
22. Copyright Infringement Notices. Alma will receive and evaluate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the relevant rules. Written notices of claimed copyright infringement must be in strict compliance with all terms and conditions of the applicable rules and must be submitted to email@example.com.
23. Registered User Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Registered Users. Alma reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Registered Users.
24. Term and Termination. This Agreement, as it may be modified from time to time, shall remain in full force and effect for so long as it is posted on any of the Websites or until terminated by Alma or by you.
You may terminate your status as a Registered User and cancel your account at any time and for any reason, by notifying us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, but any such termination and cancellation will be effective only after Alma has processed the request. If you cancel your account prior to the expiration of your pre-paid subscription period, you will forfeit the Fees paid for any unused portion of your subscription, which are non-refundable. However, you will be able to continue viewing premium content until the expiration of your current pre-paid subscription period. You also acknowledge and agree that the cancellation of your account is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with Alma.
Alma reserves the right to suspend or terminate your status as a Registered User, cancel your account, and disable your access to the Websites and Services at any time, with or without notice to you, with or without cause, and without liability to you. Alma shall have no liability to you or any third party because of such suspension or termination or related action for any reason except as follows: (a) If Alma elects do so with cause, then no refund of any unused portion of a pre-paid subscription is owing, and (b) if Alma elects to do so without cause, then Alma will refund any unused portion of a pre-paid subscription.
The following sections shall survive any termination of this Agreement, your account, and/or your use of the Service: Section 9 (“Preservation and Disclosure of Account Information”), Section 12 (“Content”), Section 14 (“Responsibility for Your User Content”), Section 15 (“Rejection and/or Removal of User Content”), Section 18 (“Health and Medical Concerns”), Section 19 (“Reservation of Rights”), Section 20 (“Other Sites”), Section 21 (“International Use”), Section 23 (“Registered User Disputes”), Section 25 (“Disclaimer of Warranties”), Section 26 (“Waiver of Claims”), Section 27 (“Limitation of Liability”), Section 28 (“Severability”), Section 29 (“Indemnity”), and Sections 32 through 38.
Upon suspension or termination, Alma shall have no obligation to save any user content that you may have posted or otherwise provided, and we reserve the right to permanently delete and destroy any of your personal information and/or user content.
25. Disclaimer of Warranties. You acknowledge and agree that the Websites and the Services are offered without warranties of any kind whatsoever by Alma and/or the providers of Site Content. The disclaimer of warranties includes, but is not limited to, the following.
(a) Your use of the Websites and the Services is at your sole risk. The Websites and the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Alma and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, licensors, vendors and contractors (collectively, the “Alma-Related Parties”) expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, with respect to the service, the websites, and any third party websites with which they are linked.
(b) The Alma-Related Parties are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, injury or health problems that may result from your use of the Site Content and/or other aspects of the Websites and/or the Services, including but not limited to training programs, recipes, products, services, events and/or information that you may learn about on the Websites and/or the Services, and/or any action or inaction on your part as a result of information you have obtained from the Websites and/or the Services. By way of example only, if you engage in any exercise or diet program that you receive or learn about through the Websites and/or the Services, and/or if you use any product or service that you receive or learn about through the Websites and/or the Services, you agree that you do so voluntarily, after consulting an appropriate health professional of your choice, and at your own risk, and you agree to release and discharge the Alma-Related Parties from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of the foregoing.
(c) The Alma-Related Parties make no warranty that the Websites or the Services, the Site Content, and/or the information, products and services available through the Websites or the Service will meet your expectations or requirements, or that you will achieve any particular results from the use of any of the foregoing, or that the Websites or the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free, or free of any harmless components (including viruses, malware, spyware, or comparable components).
(d) You expressly assume the risk, by way of example, of deletion, non-delivery or failure to store postings of user content, communications, personalized settings, or data, and you acknowledge that the Alma-Related Parties make no warranties regarding the foregoing.
(e) Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Websites or the Services is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any loss or damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
26. Waiver of Claims. You hereby waive, release and discharge the Alma-Related Parties from and against any claims that you may be entitled to make by reason of any use of your user content authorized under this Agreement and/or by reason of your participation in any of the communications and social networking features of the Services, including but not limited to, and by way of example only, any claims based on copyright infringement, trademark infringement, rights of privacy or publicity, defamation and otherwise.
27. Limitation of Liability. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, the Alma-Related Parties will in no event be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profit damages arising from or in connection with any use of the Websites and/or the Services, and/or any website with which they are linked, and/or any content, information, products or services accessible through the Websites and/or the Services, even if any of the Alma-Related Parties have been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the aggregate liability of the Alma-Related Parties to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to Alma for the Services.
28. Severability. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, in certain jurisdictions, some of the above limitations of liability may not apply to you. In any such case, and/or if any terms or conditions of this Agreement are held to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect on its remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement unless and until terminated by Alma. Furthermore, if any term or condition of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the intentions of the parties as reflected in the invalidated provision.
29. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Alma-Related Parties from any and all third party claims, losses, liability, damages, and/or costs (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising from your breach of the terms of this Agreement, or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Alma will use its reasonable best efforts to notify you promptly of any such claim, loss, liability, or demand, and will provide you with reasonable assistance, at your expense, in defending any such claim, loss, liability, damage, or cost.
30. Additional Terms. We may also require you to follow additional rules, guidelines or other conditions ( "Additional Terms" ) in order to participate in certain promotions or activities available through our Websites, to obtain certain premium Site Content through our Websites, and/or for other reasons. In addition, certain Additional Terms will govern your subscription to the Services and any purchases you make through the online store. These Additional Terms will be posted on the relevant portions of our Websites or on the portions of our Websites that describe the specific promotions, Site Content, or activities. These Additional Terms are incorporated by reference in this Agreement, and you agree to comply with them when you participate in those promotions, purchase items from our online stores, or otherwise engage in activities governed by such Additional Terms.
31. Modification and Discontinuation. We reserve the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Websites and/or the Services, or any portion thereof, with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of the Websites and/or the Services.
33. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement and the relationship between you and Alma shall be governed by the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the central laws of the United Arab Emirates applicable to the Emirate of Dubai without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Alma agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
34. No Waiver. The failure of Alma to exercise or enforce any right and/or remedy under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right and/or remedy.
35. Statute of Limitations. You acknowledge and agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Websites, the Services or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
36. Relationship of the Parties. You and Alma acknowledge and agree that they are independently contracting parties dealing at arm’s length with each other in connection with the licensing of intellectual property rights and the provision of services. No partnership, joint venture, joint authorship, employment, fiduciary, agency or other relationship is created between them.
37. Binding on Successors. This Agreement shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the heirs, executors, administrators, licensees, successors and/or assigns of the parties, as applicable. For avoidance of doubt, you acknowledge and agree that Alma is fully authorized to assign, sublicense and/or otherwise convey and transfer this Agreement and/or any of its rights under this Agreement at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without compensation of any kind to you.
38. Notices and Questions. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Except as otherwise specified elsewhere in this Agreement, notices to Alma may be given at the foregoing email, and notices to you may be given at the address provided to us at the time of registration and/or the purchase of goods and services from Alma.
Effective as of February 9, 2017.
2. Information Collected By the Websites. We collect two types of information from users of the Websites: personal information described below; and non-personal information such as information about traffic patterns on the Websites.
3. Personal Information. To access certain portions of the Websites, including the portions where the Services are offered, we require you to register and select a user name and password. Some personal data is collected during the registration process. We may then ask for additional information, including personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information.
When you make a purchase on one of the Websites, when you subscribe to the Services, and/or when you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask you for certain personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, personal behaviours and preferences, in order to process your order, tailor our services, manage your subscription, administer the contest, or send you promotional e-mails. Providing personal information in these instances is solely your choice; you do not need to provide such information, make purchases, or enter such contests to browse our Websites as a Visitor.
All personally identifiable information will not be sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
4. How We Use Your Personal Information. We use the information collected on the Websites for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, running the Websites and the Services and contacting users. The Websites and the Services may also make available to other Registered Users information provided by you during registration, such as your screen name. We may use your information to communicate back to you, to update you on products, services and benefits, to personalize the Websites for you, to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information, newsletters, or other information we think would be of particular interest. In addition, if you make a purchase on any of the Websites, we may send you order and shipping confirmation emails. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such materials.
You can remove your e-mail address from our e-mail list at any time by following the procedures set forth in the Section 8 below (“Opt Out Procedures”) or by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in every e-mail from Alma. In addition, you can modify your information or change your preferences, as set forth in Section 9 below (“Reviewing or Changing Your Information”). Information obtained through the Websites and/or the Services may be intermingled with and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than our Websites, including both offline and online sources.
5. Discussions and Community Tools. The Websites and the Services may make chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards, news groups and other community tools available to Registered Users and/or Visitors. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information for other users to view and for Alma to use. Please do not disclose any personally identifiable information, including without limitation your full name or e-mail address, in these publicly accessible areas of the Websites or the Services. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using any chat rooms, forums or message boards to share your opinion.
6. Non-Personal Data. In some cases, we may collect non-personal information. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system application software, and peripherals you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our Websites. We use your information on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate our Websites, enhance our Websites and sell and deliver advertising.
7. Cookies. None of the features on the Websites and/or the Services currently utilize cookie technology. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie file can contain various types of information, including a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you have visited.
8. Opt Out Procedures. You have the option to opt out of receiving information from Alma, the Websites and the Services. This opt out messaging will appear at the bottom of every promotional email that is sent out. If you no longer wish to take advantage of the Websites or the Services or receive any form of direct contact from Alma, whether it is email, discounts, newsletters, or other promotional offers or materials, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Reviewing or Changing Your Information. In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, we give users the option to change or modify their information previously provided during registration. If you would like to change your information currently in our database please email us at email@example.com.
We may employ third parties to perform services or functions on our behalf in order to improve our Websites, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services. Those third parties may include authorized contractors, consultants and other companies working with us. They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and they may not share any personal information with others or use it for any other purpose than providing or improving Alma's services and offerings.
We may share your information with third parties whom we believe have information of interest to you. In addition, we may share certain non-personal information with third parties for advertising, promotional and other purposes. For example, we may work with third party advertising companies, to serve and track our ads. These third parties may install other cookies. Our advertising partners may use the non-personal information they collect from our Websites, in the aggregate, to help us better market and serve our customers.
11. Security. Providing a secure site is essential for your peace of mind and trust in Alma. We have installed encryption software conforming to the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol to safeguard all of the Registered User information you send to us. All information is stored on our servers in a secure location. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If your password is compromised, notify our customer services at once at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we do not store any commerce related information (i.e. credit card and billing address), as all such details are processed through an external service provider (payment provider).
12. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy. The Websites and the Services are not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, we take reasonable measures to determine that our users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Websites or the Services or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that personal information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Alma, please contact us immediately at email@example.com so that we may take appropriate steps to remove such information from our database.
13. Privacy Precaution Warning. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our online services.
14. Your Consent. By using the Websites and/or the Services, and by providing your personal information to us, you also authorize the storage, use and export of your personal information as specified herein.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …